• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to make 'stroke path' a keyboard shortcut in photoshop cs6?

May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because it would make things easier.

It's a right click command when using the pen tool and instead of doing that every. single. time...

it would be easier to just make a keyboard short cut but im not sure how to assign shortcuts to right click commands. is this possible?small screen cap2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyboard shortcuts > Panel menus

30-05-2012 22-11-56.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have one of the painting tools selected and the path active you can also just press the enter/return key

to stroke the path without a dialog box. (it uses your last setting for simulate pressure and uses the the paint tool you have selected to stroke the path)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THanks for the advise, but when i have a path, and try the Enter/return key, the path isn't stroked , why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I got it , I used Ronald Keller's method.

thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this info. I jumped online to see if I could stroke path without the confirmation box coming up every time this does help but having to make the path with pen tool, then switch to brush with B then hit enter to stroke, then back to pen with P. Guess its about as good as I will get. I have two buttons on my intous 3 pen. i had one for stroke path and one for delete path, but it was asking to to confirm pen pressure every time. Thanks very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could record a Stroke Path action, assign a function key and that would skip the dialog.

or

Use a script put into the Photoshop>Scripts folder and assign a keyboard shortcut to the script using the Keyboard shortcuts editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, i will look into that. I had just touched on it the other day and was trying to figure it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I set F11 in photoshop to stroke path and then used a piece of free software called X-mouse button control [ link removed by moderator ] to set command of F11+RETURN on a side button giving me instant stoke at the press of a spare mouse button. NOTE: the site is there adobe added a — at the end just backspace the URL and remove the —

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines