• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there Menu command for "alt+click" mask editing mode.

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create an action with a step that paste into the layer mask. Is there a menu command that Actions can read for when you Alt-Click on the layer mask thumbnail?

Thanks

-nick

Mac OS 10.14.5

Photoshop 21.2.0

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt or Option clicking on the Layer Mask thumbnail should record an action step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get it to work on a single layer. If you add a layer mask onto a group, it will not record the alt/option + click. I realized that for what I was trying to accomplish, I did not need the group. I recorded my action and it worked as expected. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am testing with latest version and it works, you can Alt + click on mask applied to group and Photoshop will record step Select Mask Channel > With Make Visible.

select mask channel.jpg

Hovewer, if you still have problem to record step when mask added to layer group then please update then report problem on https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Just to mention that you can record step with mask added to layer then to drag/duplicate that step where you need it in action, there is no difference between step recorded with mask atached to layer or group, step is exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines