Highlighted

Issue with Crop tool

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
After editing few pictures  the crop tool works fine, but then in the next one it starts to live on it's own:

-it crops randomly

-it crops totally outside canvas

-it rotates the crop area

I have to close Photoshop and reopen it to works fine, but then the issue comes back- sometimes after editing more than5 pictures and sometimes it happens on the very first one. As you can imagine it annoying AF

Reseting tool doesn't help.

I've been having this problem for months now even in previuos version of photoshop.

In the meantime I reinstalled both photoshop and windows and both are updatet.

Any ideas???

I attached example:

Thanks

Wiktor

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with Crop tool

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
After editing few pictures  the crop tool works fine, but then in the next one it starts to live on it's own:

-it crops randomly

-it crops totally outside canvas

-it rotates the crop area

I have to close Photoshop and reopen it to works fine, but then the issue comes back- sometimes after editing more than5 pictures and sometimes it happens on the very first one. As you can imagine it annoying AF

Reseting tool doesn't help.

I've been having this problem for months now even in previuos version of photoshop.

In the meantime I reinstalled both photoshop and windows and both are updatet.

Any ideas???

I attached example:

Thanks

Wiktor

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that video without audio narration I could not tell what Operating system you running or the version of Photoshop or what you were doing when using the crop tool. Personally I never use the actual crop tool. I level the image for the crop  I want. The I select the content I want in the crop then use menu Image>Crop. If I want to resample the Crop I will.  I know crop can rotate,  resample and even content aware fill.  Old habits are hard to change for you done them so many times and know exactly what is going on and do not have to check  what setting Crop remembered from its last use.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same issue earlier this year. I was hoping the new update for 2021 would fix this, but no. I'm following any answers other than to crop differently 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0