• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Paste Into

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to paste an image directly into a selection through Past Into, but for some reason it just doesn't let me. I see the option on my menu but it's greyed out. It only allows me to click Paste In Place. I just downloaded the newest update but it still doesn't let me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a Selection definitively acrive? 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Umm, I'm not totally sure if this is what you mean, but I've included a screenshot of what I'm seeing below. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 7.00.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think @c.pfaffenbichler might have the answer there. Unless the Edit menu is obscuring it, you don't appear to have a selection drawn in your document.

Grab a tool like the Rectangular Marquee Tool, draw a selection and then see if the Paste Into option becomes available.

Also be sure to have first copied some pixels to the clipboard. If you have something like text copied to the clipboard you might not see the Paste Into option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your Move tool is active, so you do not have an active selection.

Paste Into will create a Layer mask on the pixels you paste. The image and the mask will not be linked by default, but you can click in between them to create a link if you want to move or scale them together. When they are unlinked, the image can be adjusted independently of the mask.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have pixels copied to clipboard and you have active selection then click on layer in the Layers panel to make it active or selected layer then check again for Paste Into command. Without layer selected I can only use Paste in Place command from Paste Special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help! I was able to find where I messed up. I had just clicked the layer of the image I wanted to copy instead of using a tool like the Quick Selection tool to copy the pixels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines