• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Photoshop update 22.3 and NIK software plugin filter

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I installed Photoshop 22.3 on my Mac Mini with the M1 chip. Upon completing the update I lost the NIK software filter plugin, software was working on Ver. 22.2. I updated Photoshop to Ver 22.3 on my Intel powered Macbook Pro which also has the NIK software fliters, all works fine.

This seems to be a issue only tied to Macs with the M1 chip for Ver. 22.3. I tried unistall/ reinstall Photoshop and the NIK software, niether action fixed the issue. I have since unistalled version 22.3 and went back to Ver. 22.2 on the M1 chip Mac and everything works as it should, NIK software and all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page lists system requirements for NIK https://nikcollection.dxo.com/download/

I know that there were issues of incompatibility between NIK and the most current version of Photoshop on both Mac and Windows platforms. Not sure if they were resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is a rather big one. Since version 22.3 Photoshop for M1 chip run native but the plugin do not. All the lugin need to be rewritten to be able to work with the new Photoshop version.

Eventually yu can still use them with the version 22.3 but you need to run photoshop on Rosetta therefore losing the advantage of running with an M1.

If yu want to do so, go into the app folder, right-click on the photoshop application and go for "Get info". When you see the "Info" panel you click on "Run under Rosetta" or something similar. And that's it. The next time you open photoshop you will se the old plugins ...but you are also not runnning with the optimised engine.

It is a very nasty surprise nobody mentioned before. So all th epeople that switched to the new M1 got the bitter susprise that they need to give up something: the plugin or the optimised software.

Probably in a few months we will have the new version of the plugin. We will need to pay again for them and we start working correctly until the next change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lots of good info in your reply.

I did see a work around with version 22.3 and Nik without needing to run in Rosetta. The Nik software was still available in Lightroom classic, so you could do your edit in Lr Classic and then send over to Ps for final editing. I didn't take that route however, I just went back to Ver. 22.2, I didn't see to many performance issues with that version and the M1 chip Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines