• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with placed/linked AI 2021 file in a PS 2021 document

Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIRST, I updated all my Adobe software so I could participate with the AdobeMax workshops, etc., so we are talking bleeding edge here. Computer specs: MBP 16in 2019, OS 10.15.7, 32gb ram, 2.6ghz 6 core intel core i7 processor. Not too shabby.

Maybe some bug or user error, or maybe a preference that needs to be adjusted? Although I reviewed the preferences for both AI and PS and didn't come up with anything obvious.

Here's what's happening: I created some artwork in AI. Placed the file as linked in PS. Made some revisions to the original AI file, saved and closed it. When I go back to the PS file, it doesn't automatically update the link, and when I go to manually update the link, it's the older version of the AI file that comes up in the dialog box (as a PDF, so I have to choose a page). If I double click on the link in the layer palette, it pulls up that same older version of the original AI file, in a new tab in AI. 

What did "fix" it was doing a save-as on my original AI file and overwriting it. So there's that at least. But I feel like it should work like any other linked doc--update and save the original and it updates wherever it is placed as a link.

Unfortunately I can't upload screenshots because what I'm working on is not meant for the general public yet, so hopefully I've explained it well enough...  Any advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated. 

THANK YOU smart people! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?