• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with brush sensitivity with wacom intuos

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer recently and installed Photoshop 2020 version 21.2, and have come across an issue with what I assume is pen sensitivity or pen pressure. I use a wacom intuos pro medium version PTH-651, the new drivers are version 6.3.40-2. Windows 10.

Things that have changed:

I was previously working on Photoshop 2019. The computer itself, it has upgraded hardware in every area. The Wacom drivers are up to date, previously older versions.

Things that have not changed:

The Wacom Intuos Pro tablet still works as expected on my previous computer. The brush settings appear to be identical. The wacom tablet settings appear to be identical. 

Solutions I have tried:

I tried installing older versions of both the tablet drivers and photoshop 2020 (I could not find where, if anywhere, I could download photoshop 2019 through creative cloud). I tried disabling windows ink and placing a txt file to assign the correct pen to photoshop. I have tried restarting and reinstalling photoshop.

The issue is demonstrated in the image, the previous results shown at the top and current on the lower half. The brush would fade out cleanly on the old version whereas it seems to drop opacity at the end of the stroke and end without fading fully on the new version. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to get Photoshop 2019 version 20.0.9 to download and run, it seems to be working now, so it is likely a bug or driver error in the current version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines