• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with brushes and patch tool as it lags in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm hoping I can put this into words.  When I use the brush, it lags and doesn't fill in where I'm trying to move the brush.

Also, when I use the patch tool, the image does something strange.  I'm stuck and can't edit until I figure this out!

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're facing Brush and Patch tool lag in Photoshop.

Are you using the latest version of Photoshop 2021 v22.1.1? 

Are you using a tablet to draw in Photoshop? If so then, which tablet are you using and have you checked that tablet drivers are updated to latest version? If you're not using a tablet, then do you notice the lag while working with third party or custom brushes?

Couple of troubleshooting steps if you're using a tablet, that you can try to resolve the lag issue:

• Update to the latest version of your peripheral’s driver. (Tablet or external mouse driver)
  • Try using Photoshop with a different peripheral unit.
  • Contact the manufacturer of your peripheral for additional support.

You may also restore Photoshop preferences to default, Please refer this article for instructions on how to restore Photoshop preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#AdjustpreferencesinPhotoshop 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a bunch of files open and are working on a 16bit image. Can you work on 8bit images? I think you are taxing your system - how much RAM do you have?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Melissa,

I guess I didn't notice that I was working on a 16bit image.  I'm assuming I don't need to do that?  8 bit will be fine?  

I have 64g RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 8bit and see if performance improves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Melissa,

Where do I change that setting?  I can't seem to find it.

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Melissa. I have my photo set to 8bit and it's still doing the crazy thing with the patch tool.  I'm at a loss.  It's frustrating!  I can't get anything done.  I'm attaching a screenshot of what it's doing in case you didn't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's a graphics card issue. First, try resetting your preferences. If that doesn't work, you can trouble shoot, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines