• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with color in Photoshop 2020

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue in Photoshop 2020 for the past few weeks that has made the program all but obsolete for me. I have spoken with customer support and even had them remotely access my computer with no avail on correcting the issue. When I go to select a color for an image in photoshop, it then selects a less sauturated version of the color for the image on it's own, and does not allow me to change or use it (which is frustrating when working with specific color palettes for projects). Any and all help with this issue would be fantastic, and attaced are two examples of what the program does. Also, I have attempted to port images in from another program to do finishing works with them, and Photoshop changes all the colors to the aformentioned desatured/incorrect color. Thank you in advanced! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't show the entire Photoshop workspace, but it looks like you have a CMYK document.

In that case you need to understand that a lot of saturated colors are simply not possible to reproduce in CMYK. They are out of gamut. That has nothing to do with Photoshop, but the physical properties of inks and paper on an offset press.

All CMYK profiles represent actual printing conditions. They are not ideal, synthetic color spaces like the working RGB color spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know about the CMYK color spectrum and profile, but this isssue is happening in the RGB profile as well. I have been working in an RGB profile for projects and the issue is the exact same. Both profiles limit the color spectrum for my work both in print and digitally, and even when I convert the image and send it to print, the colors are skewed intensly, as well as haveing a giant grey rectangle that covers all of my white space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Dag , your first screenshot in each pair shows the gamut warning for CMYK, indicating that the selected colour will not be within the gamut of the working CMYK colour space.

If you can show this in RGB, then please show similar before and after screenshots but include the entire screen.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines