• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with load files into stack

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues loading files into a stack. Open as layers from lightroom isn't working. Nor is using scripts in photoshop. In photoshop, the first image will load as a layer (and gets renamed background) however the next image doesn't load. All I get is a blank layer titled "load layers"  I have the latest version of photoshop. Hopefully someone is able to assist.

clipboard_image_0.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Lightroom. I find that one Windows 10  Photoshop CC 2019 version 20.0.6  script Loads Files into a Stack has no problems loading a list if raw files into a stack. I see a document loads that has a background  layer then a document with a empty layer like load  then the raw images get added as image layers the end result is a single document with image layers with layer names of the source RAW camera files. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several hours of troubleshooting, I managed to work out that I had driver issues. After a few more hours of troubleshooting I was able to isolate it to the device drivers (my laptop has two cards). Updating the intel drivers to the latest version did the trick!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem as you did. I'm using a Dell XPS 15 (9560). Can you tell me which driver you had to update? Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure out which driver needed to be updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Intel driver support assist and it found the driver I needed. 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I must be having a different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue Dell XPS 15 9560, have downloaded the intel driver but having same issue( "In photoshop, the first image will load as a layer (and gets renamed background) however the next image doesn't load. All I get is a blank layer titled "load layers"  I have the latest version of photoshop.")

Also getting " Could not complete your request because of a program error" while closing the program.

Appreciate help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi have same issue with similar pc .. did you manage to fix tthe issue ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have described is normal process of loading layers in Photoshop, it is normal to see Load Layers and Background which will be converted to normal layer during this process.

From my testing everything works fine on Windows with latest Photoshop and Lightrooom. IF you have problem that Photoshop can not load all layers then perhaps reseting preferences may help. I do not have other suggestion for now beside to wait a bit because if you are working with huge files it may take some time to load them as layers in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines