Highlighted

Issues with panorama

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 2 months the panorma has become a nightmare that I cannot create one in any of the formats.

The biggest issue that when trying to create one using repostion, it has a 90% failure rate. Most cases when trying doing one above the other for tall subjects, part of it is tilt or falling over or misalingment. I want to use this as it gives you the straight alingment at the base.

If I use auto, the bottom is on a curb which is wrong.

Just updated the software and the 2nd time in days doing it with the patches.

Just try both options and total failure when one or both work a few months ago, mostly auto. Using auto turn out to be something along the lines I get with 

I have uninstalled the program a number of time as well doing various clean up after it been removed

and still get the same results.

Blending at times is off the wall that all the photos have the same clour sky, yet the finish photo can have more than 2 diffent colours than the one it should have.

It getting to the point I may have to stop trying doing panorama shots based on the amount of wasted time on my end the last few months.

Any thought or help that may allow me to continue doing panorama shot and a way around my problem. Sitll learning PS and don't have the time to lean how to bring photos into the program and trying to line up the photos to create the panorama shot.

What is causing PS to go south these days??

Thanks

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with panorama

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 2 months the panorma has become a nightmare that I cannot create one in any of the formats.

The biggest issue that when trying to create one using repostion, it has a 90% failure rate. Most cases when trying doing one above the other for tall subjects, part of it is tilt or falling over or misalingment. I want to use this as it gives you the straight alingment at the base.

If I use auto, the bottom is on a curb which is wrong.

Just updated the software and the 2nd time in days doing it with the patches.

Just try both options and total failure when one or both work a few months ago, mostly auto. Using auto turn out to be something along the lines I get with 

I have uninstalled the program a number of time as well doing various clean up after it been removed

and still get the same results.

Blending at times is off the wall that all the photos have the same clour sky, yet the finish photo can have more than 2 diffent colours than the one it should have.

It getting to the point I may have to stop trying doing panorama shots based on the amount of wasted time on my end the last few months.

Any thought or help that may allow me to continue doing panorama shot and a way around my problem. Sitll learning PS and don't have the time to lean how to bring photos into the program and trying to line up the photos to create the panorama shot.

What is causing PS to go south these days??

Thanks

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
D_Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't show any examples, but you really have to take some precautions when shooting your pano. If you do that it's very reliable IME.

• Avoid parallax errors. Make sure the camera/lens rotates around the lens optical center. This is where the diaphragm appears to be when seen from the front of the lens. A focusing rail lets you easily do this, by sliding the camera backwards relative to the tripod head.
  • Correct geometrical distortion.
  • Correct vignetting.
  • Make sure there's around 40% solid and static overlap. This excludes water and moving waves, rapidly drifting clouds, trees moving in the wind etc. Photoshop doesn't see "ocean" - it sees a constantly shifting pattern of waves, no two frames alike.
  • Set the camera to manual exposure. There can be several stops difference in overall exposure in even a small panorama.

It also pays to not use the fully automated Photomerge script. Break it down into its components:

• Stack the images. Order them sensibly. The one at the bottom of the stack is the reference frame that the others align to!
  • Run Edit > Auto Align. Check exposures and vignetting at this point, correct further if necessary. Check alignment and nudge if required.
  • Run Edit > Auto Blend.  Make sure "content-aware fill empty areas" is turned off! Merge the layers immediately, before any resizing, transforms etc.

If you do all this, I can guarantee you 100% success rate.

One more thing: If the resulting pano is very wide angle, the peripheral frames will be extremely stretched and upsampled. If you don't want all that upsampling, scale the center frame down a bit. An alternative approach is to shoot a reference image with a very wide angle lens, then the main pano with a longer lens. Then use the wide angle shot at the bottom of the stack as a guide*, upsampled to fit the edge frames. This reference frame will just be discarded anyway, so upsampling here doesn't matter.

*The final result from one wide-angle shot and the same angle of view as a panorama from longer lenses is exactly the same. There will be corner stretching in either case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 2