• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Photoshop 2021 trial crashing

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the trial of Photoshop and was working in it to create a card.  Every time I try to add text to the card photoshop crashes.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same thing.  Can you jot add text in the trial version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*not add text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many fonts do you currently have active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont stay open long enough for me to count what is showing up in Photoshop, but reviewing my fints folder it looks like I have 350+ fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suspecting it is more than that.

If you aren't using a font management program, this would be the time to look into it.

The more fonts you have, the slower PS and other apps are to respond when using fonts and type tools.

There comes a point where is it too much and overloads, causing a crash or lock up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted over 200 fonts off my computer.  down to 238 fonts.  I have had previous versions of photoshop and never had a problem with this many fonts.  It continues to crash every time I try to add text.  everything else seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, but with the final version. Yesterday, everything was fine! Since middle of the night, everything went wrong. I even haver a reinstall of my OSX, but nothing solved. Mac User, with Big Sur. Any ideias?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, did you try reset the text tool, a right click on the text tool icon in the option bar?

Aslo, you can try to Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines