Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with pixel when moving vector from AI to PS

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All

I am new to Adobe all together so there could easily be something that I am missing here. The issue is when I copy a vector image from illustrator and paste it into photoshop it goes from being a crisp vector to being a pixelated smart object.

Illustrator Vector:
AI Vectors.PNG

Photoshop smart object:

AI Vectors in Photoshop.PNG

I have checked to verify that the anti-alias box is checked in photoshop. I tried resizing the vectors in illustrator then moving them to photoshop which understandably didn't do anything. I'm at a loss here. Any advice? Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

What is zoom or maginification level in Photoshop? Press Ctrl + 1 then judge. Photoshop is raster based program and it creates quickly preview for any magnification level the only accurate and worth judging level is at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is zoom or maginification level in Photoshop? Press Ctrl + 1 then judge. Photoshop is raster based program and it creates quickly preview for any magnification level the only accurate and worth judging level is at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were absolutely right! At 100 percent it was perfectly clear. So I suppose it will print clear? Or if I am making the. Into designs for shirts they would screen print properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presuming that the document resolution in Photoshop @ 100% or 1:1 print size was sufficent for the output method, then yes they would print clear. This is of course the advantage of vector data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines