Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jagged brush lines Windows 10 Cintiq 22 HD

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

I'm getting jagged lines with my brush tools usually within a few minutes of opening Photoshop, and some times it happens in the middle of drawing a line. It's intermittent. Every update is current. Have tried reset tools, which works temporarily, but then reverts back to jagged lines. Samples below of same brush before and after. It's driving me nuts and any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Capture.JPGimage (2).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shots are too small to be of much use, but I am not sure if they would have contributed to a solution anyway.

I does seem likely that it is a driver issue.  Is the Cintiq self contained, or does it work plugged into a computer?  Either way, it could be to do with the operating system rather than simply the Cintiq.  How long has this been happening for instance?  Can you correlate the problem to an OS update?

Have you asked in the Wacom forums?  The Wacom engineers follow their forums and will respond, and they are going have way better idea of the fix than we are likely to.

Good luck, and if you do find a fix elsewhere, please let us know here for other people's benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

I have contacted Wacom but still haven't resolved it. Here is a larger jpeg of the problem. When I open Photoshop it's fine for about 5 minutes, then, sometimes during mid stroke, it switches to jagged lines. I use a Cintiq 22 HD with my PC on Windows 10. I've tried swapping the drivers a number of times now, legacy drivers etc, and no joy...lines.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your tools and preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there:

I did indeed try resetting tools/preferences. Reset tool works but again, only temporary, for 5 minutes tops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines