Highlighted

JavaScript command alone causes tons and tons of lag for no reason

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using `app.activeDocument.activeHistoryState` to control object counts in a loop causese EXTRAORDINARY lag when doing the simplest tasks, and it seems to somehow weirdly affect other parts of photoshop other than the objects I'm adding.

It makes text in the top navigation bar of photoshop flicker and the objects themselves flicker even though there is literally nothing in my script.

Using this was obviously a bad suggestion by Adobe, unless there is an easy way to fix it the lag problem. Literally, just using this on something as simple as adding layers causes tons of lag.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JavaScript command alone causes tons and tons of lag for no reason

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using `app.activeDocument.activeHistoryState` to control object counts in a loop causese EXTRAORDINARY lag when doing the simplest tasks, and it seems to somehow weirdly affect other parts of photoshop other than the objects I'm adding.

It makes text in the top navigation bar of photoshop flicker and the objects themselves flicker even though there is literally nothing in my script.

Using this was obviously a bad suggestion by Adobe, unless there is an easy way to fix it the lag problem. Literally, just using this on something as simple as adding layers causes tons of lag.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, good report, but you should search of create thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com site, watched by Adobe staff, and that is meant for bug reports/feature requests.

Make sure to provide as many relevant details as possible (Help>system info), if you were able to repro on another machine, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 1
r-bin LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give an example (a simple script) of what you are talking about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0