Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript extension doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have photoshop panel which is working with PS 2018 but not with 2020. I cannot to run 2018 on my mac as I have new mac with Catalina. Script was prepared to work with 2020, but something went wrong. I attached info after try to open panel. Any idea? 

Thank you

JacekScreenshot 2020-10-16 at 06.32.36.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error mentions that the extension has a faulty signature, did you check the validity of the signature? Maybe the signature has expired. You can use the zxpsigncmd utility to check the signature used to sign the bundle

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

Thank you for respong, but I am afraid I don't know how to do this as I am extremely green with this and javascript. This extension was wrote by my colegue but iI don't have contact with him. I found zxpsigncmd and comand line which I need to use with description for every bracket but I don't know this data

ZXPSignCmd -selfSignedCert <countryCode> <stateOrProvince> <organization> <commonName> <password> <outputPath.p12> [options]

Thank you

Jacek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to check the signing status of the extension, you can use the following command

ZXPSignCmd -verify <zxp>|<extensionRootDir> [options]

an example of it would be

ZXPSignCmd -verify /your path to the extension folder

See the following for creating and signing your extension using a self-signed certificate

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/extensionbuilder3/ccextensions.pdf

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

I wrote like below attached screen grab (maybe syntax is wrong) and I got 

zsh: command not found: ZXPSignCmd

Thank you

JacekScreenshot 2020-10-22 at 06.52.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure you are in the same directory where you have theZXPSignCmd placed
  2. Use ./ZXPSignCmd instead of ZXPSignCmd
  3. If the path to the extension folder contains space then enclose it in double quotes

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another extension which doesn't work with PS 2021 but work with PS 2018. So it's Adobe or Catalina? And of course I got same info "was not properly signed". 
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded ZXPSignCmd-64bit. Is it OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines