Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG logo image resized without losing quality

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some guidance on working with an old jpeg image from 2012.  It is a company logo and I'm trying to re-format it so it can be resized without losing quality for different marketing pieces.  At the same time, I'd like to make the background transparent. 

I have access to Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, but I'm not sure which program would be the most beneficial, or if I should use multiple for different steps.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fIf the design lends itself to it, Illustrator is the most appropriate choice. It crates a vector file that can tolerate changes in size without sacrificing a crisp version of the logo. (It probably will have to be created from scratch. If you post the logo someone here or at the Illustrator Forum can talk you through the steps required.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSF WEALTH-LOGO-2012.jpegThis is the logo I'm working with.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One quick solution you can try is Image trace in illustrator

How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would simply recreate it in Illustrator or with shape and text layers in Photoshop. How difficult is that? The only thing you would like to know is the fonts used for the text.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines