Highlighted

Jpg export changes color code

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Hope someone can help me with this problem that is driving me nuts:

I have a psd file with a white background (f9f5f5). Any time I save this file as a jpg, the colorcode changes to f9f5f4. Doesn't matter whether you do a save as or save for web, both yield the same result.Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-05 um 19.17.42.png

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Jonas

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Jpg export changes color code

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

Hope someone can help me with this problem that is driving me nuts:

I have a psd file with a white background (f9f5f5). Any time I save this file as a jpg, the colorcode changes to f9f5f4. Doesn't matter whether you do a save as or save for web, both yield the same result.Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-05 um 19.17.42.png

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Jonas

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 Bit RGB and color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 if that helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what jpeg compression does. The color component is even more aggressively compressed than the luminance component, and it's very common that values shift slightly. If you need absolutely consistent numbers, don't use jpeg.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply! So does that mean it was just bad luck for choosing this specific color? Because I jsut experimented with some other colors and the codes remained unchanged after export. Is there no way of changing settings to fiddle with the way photoshop handles the export?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Photoshop, it's the jpeg specification. Jpeg is a destructive format, and what comes out is not the same that went in. That's jpeg.

That said, you can try to change the compression level (higher quality). Just as long as it's understood that "maximum quality" is not really maximum quality. Information is still lost, and artifacts are still introduced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0