Jpg opens in camera raw - preset loaded

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Somewhere in the flow I have done a mistake apparently (in my PSD file probably or by opening this PSD in Lightroom once). Once I create a jpg from the PSD, some presets are baked into the jpg file. All though it is not visible in the preview with a normal photo viewer, once you want to open it in Photoshop, it applies the camera raw window an shows the corrections such as sharpening, clarity etc.... Anyone an idea how I can delete these imported settings in a jpg file or PSD file.  I neither see anything strange in my PSD file.

Thank you.

Tommy

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Jpg opens in camera raw - preset loaded

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Somewhere in the flow I have done a mistake apparently (in my PSD file probably or by opening this PSD in Lightroom once). Once I create a jpg from the PSD, some presets are baked into the jpg file. All though it is not visible in the preview with a normal photo viewer, once you want to open it in Photoshop, it applies the camera raw window an shows the corrections such as sharpening, clarity etc.... Anyone an idea how I can delete these imported settings in a jpg file or PSD file.  I neither see anything strange in my PSD file.

Thank you.

Tommy

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the issue...the issue is there are some presets applied to my jpg such as sharpening, clarity,.... And I would like to delete them. For one or other reason these were applied to the PSD file and when converting to jpg, these presets are also in the jpg. But I cannot find these presets in the PSD neither to delete them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't kept those adjustments as smart objects/smart filters or adjustment layers in the PSD, it's now integrated into the pixel data.

It's perfectly possible to work non-destructively in Photoshop so that you can go back and readjust, but then you have to build the file from the start with that in mind. But not with jpegs! The jpeg specification does not support any of the necessary functions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 0