• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just bought photoshop cc, immediate lag and freezing!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I just bought photoshop cc today for my home computer. I use CC at work but normally use CS6 at home. Well CS6 has been a mess recently so i thought maybe it was time I just upgrade to CC.

Well, to my suprise, CC was somehow WORSE. At one point the canvas froze - not the entire program, just the canvas. I had to save and exit the program. And then it also started lagging so bad that I couldn't move things like text on an image with only 3 layers. 

I have a Geforce 2060 6GB, 16 gb of ram, AMD Ryzen 7 2700x, i do have photoshop set to use the GPU instead of the CPU in preferences, it's using an SSD for the scratch disk, and is also installed on an SSD. 

I would greatly appreciate knowing what could possibly be going on. Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Also ensure you have plenty of spare disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines