• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated Photoshop and now have problems pasting something into a new layer

Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the weirdest thing happen. I just updated to Photoshop 12.2.0 today. And now... when I have a photoshop file... I tried to drag a logo from another layered PS file I have.... and it does move to the new file on a new layer... but it also pastes that same image onto the original bottom layer. I tried doing a copy/paste... same thing. This is so weird! I'm guessing it has something to do with the update? Has anyone else experienced this? I am on an iMac. 

Update: I had a layer mask on that original bottom layer... and once I deleted that, the weird pasted logo went away. So it's something to do with the layer mask. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

This was driving me crazy, but I just figured out what to do. 

I found it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

You need to go to Preferences > Performance and UNCHECK "Legacy Compositing." That worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I just note the same problem with the layer. When I place a new layer you can not see any action (curves, pencil, brush, eraser). it is annoying. I found a convenient quick step, jut turn. on and off the view for the background and you will see your normal layer. I repeat this is a quick solution, NOT a real solution. It goes to go to Adobe gurus, to have it fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, NYTaxista! At least I know I'm not the only one experienceing it! Thanks for the quick fix... I'll use that until it's fixed for real! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am grateful for your help, but I don't think this should be marked as fixed. You've given me a work-around, but this issue really needs to be looked at! I just tried to do a simple graphic I've done a million times before... and it took me twice as long because of this glitch! I don't know how to unmark the "correct answer" designation, but I think we should undo it so that perhaps someone else will find a fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was driving me crazy, but I just figured out what to do. 

I found it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

You need to go to Preferences > Performance and UNCHECK "Legacy Compositing." That worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines