Highlighted

Just upgraded to Sony a7r iii- not supported

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgrade from Sony a7ii to Sony a7r iii.  Photoshop Elements 15 won't open raw file of upgraded camera.

Adobe website says I need this plug-in,  10.1.  But I don't see anywhere on the page to download it.  What am I missing.  Thanks.  

A7R III (ILCE-7RM3)ARWYes10.11.17.1
TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Just upgraded to Sony a7r iii- not supported

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgrade from Sony a7ii to Sony a7r iii.  Photoshop Elements 15 won't open raw file of upgraded camera.

Adobe website says I need this plug-in,  10.1.  But I don't see anywhere on the page to download it.  What am I missing.  Thanks.  

A7R III (ILCE-7RM3)ARWYes10.11.17.1
TOPICS
Download and install, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Earlier versions of Camera Raw are available here

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't update ACR to 10.1 from inside Elements (Help > Update), you need to upgrade Elements to a newer version that supports ACR 10.1 or higher.

BTW this is the full Photoshop forum, not the Elements forum. So you might want to ask there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't upgrade the Camera Raw in Elements. Subscribers to Photoshop get free upgrades to support new cameras, but Photoshop Elements users only paid for the cameras in the app when it was made. You may need to pay for an upgrade to Elements. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to install a newer version of camera raw using theses instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

You probably want to stick with the Camera Raw 12.2.1 installer or older versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0