Keeps freezing with "program error"

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2021. CC says I'm up to date. never had any problems. 
Then this weekend it started to freeze with a "program error." Trying to move layers or use zoom is usually where it first starts. everything breaks up and is generally weird. Then it won't let me save because of a program error.  Answer has always been close the program and start over.

So I thought maybe it's the file. It's 8x10 inches at 300 dpi. So I shrink it to 200 dpi. Same problem. I want to print this so I really don't want it below 200. Also, tried skrinking it to 100 and when I saved it I....wait for it...got a program error.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keeps freezing with "program error"

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2021. CC says I'm up to date. never had any problems. 
Then this weekend it started to freeze with a "program error." Trying to move layers or use zoom is usually where it first starts. everything breaks up and is generally weird. Then it won't let me save because of a program error.  Answer has always been close the program and start over.

So I thought maybe it's the file. It's 8x10 inches at 300 dpi. So I shrink it to 200 dpi. Same problem. I want to print this so I really don't want it below 200. Also, tried skrinking it to 100 and when I saved it I....wait for it...got a program error.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. When trying to use the "Export As" option I am shown program error and not able to save the changes made to my project.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it just start a couple days ago?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened the file in Photoshop 2020 and so far I haven't had any problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unhelpful support person told me the following:

Program Error is an ongoing issue with Adobe Photoshop 2021 application. Our engineers are working on it and it will soon be resolved in our upcoming updates.

Till the time I would request you to use the previous version of Photoshop application i.e. Adobe Photoshop 2020 version if the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2020 0