• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts not working in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CC through Creatuve cloud.  My keyboard shortcuts stop working, then photoshop really slows down, then crashes.  I've been through Adobe support five times now, and it works for about 1/2 hour, then acts up again.  Any suggestions/reciommendations?  Thanks - Wendy Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My shortcuts worked again after changing my workspace from 3D to Essentials (Default).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All I'm running the latest version of photoshop cc and all of my shorcuts are unresponsive. All other adobe shortcuts work in other programs. Deleting the prefs haven't fixed it.

Anyone got any idea's. I really don't want to have to reformat....

Nikora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read through the above thread changing the language back got this working for me. Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was absolutely wondering this. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keyboard Shortcuts (Ctrl+....) (B - Brush, E - Eraser ;.....) (Solved)

So to set an end to this seemingly endless search for a solution, the fix for shortcuts in Photoshop, that, once you already looked through all of Adobe's Support Suggestions about resetting your preference, closing third-party software, uninstalling drivers..... still haven't fixed it?

Well. Check your keyboard layout!
Turns out only certain versions of the English System Display language will make it work.

If, for instance, you use English (German) Your shortcuts will magically stop working.

So, the solution is to just install English (United States) and use whatever Keyboard Language you prefer seperately. Here's how:

1. Open settings and go to "Time & Language"

2. Select "Language" from the dropdown

3. Under "Preferred Languages" Add "English (United States)"

4. Open the Options for said Language Pack and add your preferred Keyboard Layout.

5. In the List of installed Languages, make sure "English (United States)" is at the top using the ^ v buttons.

6. Reboot your PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines