• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts stopped working in all Adobe programs

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a rather severe and infuriating problem.

When I use any Adobe product (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and so on) none of the keyboard shortcuts work. Not even something as basic as Ctrl+S to save the file. Only the ALT button to open menu items seems to work.

This problem started with the Creative Live update that recently updated the icons and changed the Photoshop splash screen to have a white background. Before that everything worked normally.

I usually use Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder. But for this I installed many other programs through the Creative Cloud and none of the keyboard shortcuts work in those programs either.

I use Windows 10 and I've so far tried the following, none of which has helped:

• Starting programs like Photoshop with the Ctrl + Alt + Shift to reset the settings
  • Uninstalling and Reinstalling all the Adobe programs
  • Logging in and out of the Cloud, as well as synccing it
  • Updating all possible drivers
  • Closing all other programs before opening Adobe Programs

In practise this makes using almost all of the Adobe Programs complitely impossible, as using keyboard shortcuts is integral part of the workflow. I've been using Photoshop since version 4 or 5, so I've run into fair share of problems before, but never like this.

Anyone got any helpful suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Update: I re-launched while holding alt+ctrl+shift to get the prompt to
remove preferences. All the hotkeys came back after that. Something in my
preferences from an older version must have caused an issue with a recent
update.
Kyle Simmons

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Hurmeli, I just logged on after a long weekend and am experiencing the same problem. Weird thing is, I opened up a document in InDesign and began working like normal. After about 5 minutes I received the prompt to save before closing, but I had not closed the document. After I saved, ID shut down. When I reopened the file, I had to sign in to Adobe again, and now the hotkeys don't work. Furthermore, I have no workspaces. I just got my document pasteboard and rulers with no tools, so I went to the top right to select one of the pre-made workspaces (essentials, advanced, typography, etc.) and none exist. All I can do is manually add tools and panels and then create a new workspace, which is doable but quite frankly infuriating. I think our issues must be in the same wheelhouse, but I'm wondering, did you also have the issue with the workspaces? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I re-launched while holding alt+ctrl+shift to get the prompt to
remove preferences. All the hotkeys came back after that. Something in my
preferences from an older version must have caused an issue with a recent
update.
Kyle Simmons

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines