Highlighted

Keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started with Photoshop. Got the sheet that lists all the keyboard shortcuts. Sounds easy right? Lol okay so the Windows Keyboards Shortcuts Reference from Adobe doesn't mention that you have to press shift to toggle through the options so after some research I finally got that figured out. Everything is set to defaults so I've not changed anything. For some reason when I choose a shortcut such as R for rotate, it does not "revert" when I let go of the R key. It just stays on rotate. So I'm thinking, "Okay, so how to do I keyboard shortcut back to the brush tool?" Uhh... I'll try period. No? Still on rotate. Okay... I'll try comma. No? Still on rotate. R again? Nope. So... everything I've read says when you let of R it should just exit the tool. So anyone know how to use the keyboard to go from Rotate back to Brush?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Just press the B key for the brush tool, V for the move tool etc

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started with Photoshop. Got the sheet that lists all the keyboard shortcuts. Sounds easy right? Lol okay so the Windows Keyboards Shortcuts Reference from Adobe doesn't mention that you have to press shift to toggle through the options so after some research I finally got that figured out. Everything is set to defaults so I've not changed anything. For some reason when I choose a shortcut such as R for rotate, it does not "revert" when I let go of the R key. It just stays on rotate. So I'm thinking, "Okay, so how to do I keyboard shortcut back to the brush tool?" Uhh... I'll try period. No? Still on rotate. Okay... I'll try comma. No? Still on rotate. R again? Nope. So... everything I've read says when you let of R it should just exit the tool. So anyone know how to use the keyboard to go from Rotate back to Brush?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your example, you start with the Brush Tool then prss R for Rotate and use the tool. Now release the mouse button before depressing the R key and it should switch back to the Brush Tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you might have corrupted preferences if the spring loaded keys don't work normally.

Try to reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.
See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Any third party program running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good to know! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0