Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

knik in 3D text extrusion photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with creating a simple 3D extrusion in Photoshop. I do 3D text effects with smart layers and just copy the layer, move it backward and resize the size. This works great but after about 30 copies it bends!? It's not going strait again. I tried doing it with an action but same result. Does anyone have an idea of why this happens? I see many people online do this without any problems but I just can't go further than 30 copies before it bends 😞 See image.  You see it best with the letter "T"

Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick.  I can't help you myself, but we'll tag 3D expert Dave who will be along to help you I am sure.

@davescm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you post a link to the PSD (or PSB)  file so I can see how it is set up and try and replicate it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, yes I will do that. Sorry for the late reply. I will make a screenshare movie and send it over. The steps are so easy you'll be able to reproduce them easilly. Will try to do it today. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a movie. It's so simple to recreate I figured it was better to show you what I did step by step. Hope you know why it goes wrong. Depending on the values I use, it bends sooner or later and more or less. Sometimes I also move the layer one pixel and then it bends even faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can replicate the problem you are seeing. I suspect it is due to rounding errors. However you can raise it at the link below, where Adobe developers will see it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I will do that then. And I'll see what numbers people generally use when maken extrusions like this and see if these numbers work better.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also use a 3D extrusion. Use unlit texture in scene settings to avoid adding lighting effects and you can choose a perspective or orthoganal camera view

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines