• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kodak photo cd files, how to open or convert to jpg?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many old Kodak cd's in their PCD format and can't open them.  I found someone saying they would have a plug in in Photoshop but no deal.  Anyone know how to open/convert these files to jpg or something that works in Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this link:

<Home >

I haven't used it but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pcdtojpeg worked very well for me. By correctly interpreting the PCD colorspace it prevents the image highlights from blowing out the way some other converters do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GraphicConverter will import PCD files.

Lemke Software: GraphicConverter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes that will work. I didn't like the price.  I also found reaconverter7 which has a better user interface but cost even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at IrfanView, its free and claims that it can read PCD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad form, Randy!

This converter puts a *watermark* on its output until you throw $110 at it, or accept the hand it puts in your pocket at $10/month until the end of time.  There are plenty of other equally effective converters for this obsolete format available for free.  At LEAST add its cost to your post instead of posting it as if it's Revealed Truth.

Kodak's original PCD software was released on every PhotoCD sold; it was baked in for convenience.  Adobe used to have a .PCD converter built into PhotoShop.  I used to run a lab where we used both of these professionally in days long past, and Contenta is simply unrepentant mercenary.

Boo.  VERY bad form, old boy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had one Kodak Photo CD with PCD files.  I tried IrfanView.  It's free and it worked.  I opened each pcd file and saved as tiff.  It also has a batch function which I did not try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines