• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag while working with Artboards in Photoshop 21.2 & 21.2.1

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since release (21.2.1) and (21.2), I have noticed that when working with Artboards on Photoshop, while zooming in or out any area of the document, photoshop lags, and when typing on text layers, there is a delay to process the text change. Therefore, I have to get back to version (21.1.3) where this is fast and smooth. Please, any advise?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 21.2 & 21.2.1. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on?

Please try toggling the option for Legacy Compositing ON/OFF in Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. You can also try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Also check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html#tuning-features

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, this feels like a recurring problem with artboards. Ever since the introduction, I keep trying out artboards and keep being disappointed with the performance. And it's not an hardware issue, I can assure you.

Best way to explain it: let's say I design something that's 1000 x 1000 pixels. I want four version of that, so I make 4 artboards of 1000 x 1000 pixels. By the time I'm working on the fourth artboard, even with only a few layers, basic functionality becomes unworkably slow. Zooming lags for half a second or more, dragging type fields takes seconds, moving objects around lags behind, etc, etc.

Now, if I were to create a 2000 x 2000 project, without using artboard, everything is fine. Everything is fine when it's 4000 x 4000, or 8000 x 8000. But I don't even want to try making 8 artboards of 1000 x 1000, let alone 64. And I honestly, honestly can't figure out what the issue is - apart from the constant thought of "If you can't make artboards work properly, why introduce the functionality at all".

Is this just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as described. Working with artboards has become almost impossible for me. Restarting the program does not help but when I restart the computer the problem seems to be gone for a short time. As soon as I open another document the problem is back. Disabling the graphics card has only made it worse. After disabling it, it was not possible to re-enable it and I had to reboot again. In the previous version everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this happens when you work with photoshop from 2019,2020,2021 onwards.
With Photoshop 2017 it didn't happen. I still have it installed because the others are too slow without motivation.
2017 has only one problem ... that sooner or later they will stop it to force you to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same issue, the last well optimised photoshop that worked very fast was 2018, since I switched to 2022 it is disaster, I am considering to revert mack to Mojave and install the Adobe 2018 :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem for so long.

Today, I changed my View settings by looking under View > Show. Selected None.

I had all of the 3D view settings turned on somehow. Once turned off, the lag has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines