• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laggy zoom (mousewheel) when a layer is selected.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe community,

I noticed that whenever I have a layer selected and that I zoom using the mousewheel it gets laggy (it take 0,2s to zoom in or out). My keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+ mousewheel. 
It is superfluid when no layer is selected, and the zoom tool is also superfluid.

Anybody experiencing this?

My photoshop is:  22.1.1 version
Windows 10 Pro, 2004.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the lag in Photoshop. Could you try optimizing Photoshop's performance and see if that helps? You can check the optimization steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

You may also try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sahil,

I am using my GPU performances to improve Photoshop.
It might be a GPU related problem, but I am not sure, sometimes when I work on an external screen, and I move Photoshop from the external screen back to the laptop screen I get a message saying that Photoshop has to deactivate GPU acceleration. But that I all I can understand from it.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 105616.png
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines