• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Language change - add second one.

Participant ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be easy but it is not for me How to change language in PS? In Edit -> preferences -> interface I can see only my native language. How to add another one to easily switch betwen them when I need? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Quote:

All apps that you download after making this change will install in the new language.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the following is still in effect:

Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I done it but nothing changing. I suppose I need to restart OS, but i think it will change language in all Adobe products. There is no other way to change it only in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

All apps that you download after making this change will install in the new language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouhhh, I see... pretty brutal way to change language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you have to

1. uninstall first, then
  2. download, install &
  3. then find out the settings you had the (un)installer keep are gone.
  4. Also all actions are gone, just the way you'd typically expect. So pray you saved all customizations. I won't event look at my patterns folder, but I know I saved those externally since a previous update had aleady done all damage possible.
  5. The language of the CC app apparently never changes, no matter what you set it to. But that doesn't really matter.
  6. You have to un/reinstall all other Adobe programs you're subscribed to, otherwise the CC app doesn't recognize they're installed, though it's still running in the same language as before and you won't get updates.
  7. So please remember to save all your custoimizations/settings for every single Adobe app you're using 

There is no user friendly way to switch language. Unlike in pretty much any other software. I'm not a programmer and I don't know how Adobe has implemented language, but it seems to be somewhat... backwards? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines