• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Language options in Photoshop 2021

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While choosing a language in Lightroom Classic is as simple as can be, doing so in Photoshop is plainly horrible.

Please, someone, how can I choose the language of my choice in Photoshop WITHOUT having to change the install language in Adobe Creative Cloud and then removing Photoshop and re-installing it again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

I simply change the install language and install for each language I want, but I do not uninstall Photoshop itself. What this does is to drop a language folder into the Locales folder in the Photoshop folder like so:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.17.38 PM.png

From there I choose the language and restart Photoshop.

I have not seen any problems doing it this way, but it may not work for all Creative Cloud Programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the UI/Menu Languages then you'll have to use Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

Personally I never uninstall one language so I can have another language installed. I install the other language and from then on I can switch between them in Preferences.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 3.33.04 PM.png

I think it's easier in Photoshop because only language-pack folders are involved. I wouldn't do that with InDesign because of the different Type and Layout engines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, did you read my post? It described the horrible procedure in that link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and I'm saying if you want easy switch between languages, install them. I can only try to give you a workable solution. Photoshop Family is where you go to get it noticed as a problem. https://feedback.photoshop.com/

We are users just like you. On occasion Adobe Employees drop by, but mostly for troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gener7,

My copy of Photoshop CC 2021 only shows one UI Language at a time, depending on what I chose as an install language in Adobe Creative Cloud. How did you get Photoshop CC 2021 to show several UI Languages to choose from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply change the install language and install for each language I want, but I do not uninstall Photoshop itself. What this does is to drop a language folder into the Locales folder in the Photoshop folder like so:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 4.17.38 PM.png

From there I choose the language and restart Photoshop.

I have not seen any problems doing it this way, but it may not work for all Creative Cloud Programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gener7,

Cool. Nice workaround. Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As much as people hate the idea of a subscription model like CC, you can have different language interfaces, whereas in the CS and earlier versions, you had to buy another license for each language and likely only from that region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines