• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso bug or prefs corruption?

Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a rare Pshop crash yesterday. Now when I make a lasso selection the lasso cursor icon displays the Minus option inside or outside the selection (when no modifier keys are on). The rectangular marqee tool behaves normally with the same selection. My guess is Prefs corruption, but I wanted to check here for bugs before resetting Pshop prefs.

Also, has prefs reset been improved? It typcially requires altering random settings that revert to default after prefs reset. This is annoying, and cumbersome. It would be great to preserve ALL custom settings so the Prefs Reset can be a clean & more frequent cleansing operation.

Informed feedback appreciated.

OS 10.14.6. Pshop 21.2.3 MacPro 2013

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I can't edit my original post, so here's an update: Prefs reset resolved the issue (as expected) But it would be appreciated Prefs Reset would not alter the interface, color, and misc other prefs settings. If pallettes, burshes etc can be reatined after prefs reset, why can't the other prefs settings be retained? There could easily be a workaround for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If resetting preferences did not take the settings back to default then it would not really be a preference reset.  It actually resets more than the user preferences in Edit>Preferences. It also resets the internal settings that are saved each time Photoshop closes.

If you do have an issue with a particular tool it is always worth trying a tool reset, before a full preference reset.

If you can define how you would want an alternative preference reset to work, you could raise a feture request at the link below (although please not that that site will be offline for a day or two)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines