Lasso tool will not make tiny selections

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lasso tool works fine when I make most selections but once I go very small it seems to exhibit a smoothing/predictive motion upon first movement and it makes it impossible to make very tiny lasso selections (I have video of the issue I can upload later).  

I've been using photoshop for over 20 years and I could always make lasso selections quickly and easily even at this extremely tiny size down to a single pixel if I wanted to.  This week I have just purchsed a new M1 Mac Mini along with a Photoshop subscription.  I downloaded both the latest intel version and the m1 beta.  I turned off all gestures and touch controls on my wacom intuos pro.  The lasso reacts that same way in both Photoshop versions and I have tried changing multiple settings with nothing fixing the problem.  I'm on the latest Mac OS Big Sur updates.  I have also tried the lasso using a mouse and it exhibists the exact same problem.

For reference, the brush tool works perfectly down to a single pixel.  I have also tried Clip Studio Paint and the lasso works perfectly following my exact motion regardless how small I go.

Again, this happens with a mouse and a tablet and it only happens with the lasso in photoshop.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also discovered that the program, Affinity Photo exhibits the same issue of not being able to make tiny lasso selections.  However, Clip Studio Paint does allow the lasso to make tiny selections and preceisely follows my inputs.

Specs recap: All new (one week old) M1 Mac Mini, big sur 11.2.2 and now .3, new install of creative suite, new install of intel Photoshop and new install of Photoshop M1 beta. Both the mouse and the wacom intuos pro tablet experience the same problem using the lasso and I have tested direct connect to the USB ports on the Mini and through my Apple Cinema Display hub.  I am not using bluetooth; everything is hardwired.

The original photoshop video clip I recorded is attached.  It shows half of the small selection attempts failing.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines