Highlighted

Latest Photoshop CC: Canvas and Artboards Glitching and Disappearing

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang, After the recent CC updates to photoshop, I've noticed overall sluggish performance. For context: I'm using the software on my up-to-date 2020 Macbook Pro 16" laptop.

The issue is constant and can be easily replicated. At times when I am working, the canvas will flicker the artboards on and off, some artboards will disappear completely until I click a layer in the layers panel, then it pops back into place. Even more consistenttly, when switching between windows (ie. from photoshop to finder) the canvas goes completely blank and remains that way even when clicking back to photoshop and autoselecting areas of the canvas, everything is still invisible. I have to click a layer in the panel again to make the artboards appear again. This glitch also occurs when using things like adjustment sliders or layer options sliders, when using the sliders the screen will flicker in correspondence, and thenn using adjustment layers the changes wont be reflected in the artwork until you've committed the adjustment (ie. you can't see the adjustments in real time, you have to make a change, commit, realize it's too much contrast, dial it back, commit, and so on). It's all but halted my productivity and is costing both my agency and our clients money as we are burning through additional time  working with broken software.

We have done a full uninstall, erase preferences, restore defaults, and even a full macOS wipe in order to try and resolve this issue. But each time the fresh photoshop install is used, the problem is back.

Specs:

Intel 8-Core i9 Processor

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB (graphics processing turned on)

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

32GB Ram

With these specs and small file sizes with no 3d rendering, there's no reason the software should be this terrible to use. 

> See attached examples <

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Latest Photoshop CC: Canvas and Artboards Glitching and Disappearing

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang, After the recent CC updates to photoshop, I've noticed overall sluggish performance. For context: I'm using the software on my up-to-date 2020 Macbook Pro 16" laptop.

The issue is constant and can be easily replicated. At times when I am working, the canvas will flicker the artboards on and off, some artboards will disappear completely until I click a layer in the layers panel, then it pops back into place. Even more consistenttly, when switching between windows (ie. from photoshop to finder) the canvas goes completely blank and remains that way even when clicking back to photoshop and autoselecting areas of the canvas, everything is still invisible. I have to click a layer in the panel again to make the artboards appear again. This glitch also occurs when using things like adjustment sliders or layer options sliders, when using the sliders the screen will flicker in correspondence, and thenn using adjustment layers the changes wont be reflected in the artwork until you've committed the adjustment (ie. you can't see the adjustments in real time, you have to make a change, commit, realize it's too much contrast, dial it back, commit, and so on). It's all but halted my productivity and is costing both my agency and our clients money as we are burning through additional time  working with broken software.

We have done a full uninstall, erase preferences, restore defaults, and even a full macOS wipe in order to try and resolve this issue. But each time the fresh photoshop install is used, the problem is back.

Specs:

Intel 8-Core i9 Processor

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB (graphics processing turned on)

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

32GB Ram

With these specs and small file sizes with no 3d rendering, there's no reason the software should be this terrible to use. 

> See attached examples <

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having constant issues with photoshop myself. Just increasing the canvas size removes 3D layers and adds color overlays to my project. I love the evolving complexity of photoshop but seems like they're moving too quickly in development.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines