• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Photoshop update 22.2 is SLOW!

Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the other day to PS 22.2 using Win10 latest update.  This update is a hog on the CPU and almost impossible to do anything.  Saving the psb takes minutes and locks  up the computer.   I have worked on this doc and others without any issues prior....HELP, useless at this point. 

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the slow performance after the recent Photoshop update. 

Could you please try some optimization steps mentioned here and let us know if that helps?https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Also, please let us know which operating system are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just finished, the last thing I did was turned off OpenCL.  This is unbelieveable...just moving from one layer to the next can take minutes, saving  the file is 10 mins plus.  Nothing has helped in that list.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Eventhough the solution you stated didn't work out, you didn't think about giving any other solutions? With the latest patch (22.2) my whole marketing team got this problem. 

Own up to the expectations and try to solve this.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no performance issue. It's clearly a bad patch. I've been trying to reseach it as I've had plenty of people (but not all) having major problems after it got installed. I have some noted on page 6 of this thread with what I know about it so far.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/2021-slow-and-laggy-p-o-s/td-p/11549613/page/6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines