• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update breaks Photoshop CC 2018 on Mac OS 10.12.6

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was prompted by the Adobe CC Manager to update my programs.  (I have a full license but only have Photoshop CC and Acrobat DC installed at present.)  After installing the updates, Photoshop will not open.  I get a system message "Adobe Photoshop CC cannot open because of a problem."  I uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem.  Acrobat DC seems to run ok.

iMac 27 inch, OS 10.12.6 (managed work environment, not allowed to update to 10.13 yet)

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 version 19.1.1 (according to get info, the program won't run of course)

It seems apparent this is Adobe's screw-up and I need an immediate fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

1.9.1.1 does open in my mid 2012 Macbook Pro running 10.12.6

Some ideas here: CC 2018 cannot be opened because of a problem!

Uninstall, but this time Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need Photoshop Immediately I would think the prudent thing to do is install CC 2017. if  Adobe broke CC 2018 19.1.1 Adobe will not fix it for you  Immediately. The solution for your problem is a prior version.  It is prudent to always have an old version of Photoshop to fall back on.  In case Adobe brakes the current version,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the 2017 version keeps me running for now.  I posted the problem because, if Adobe accidentally broke a lot of Mac users with a bad update, I would certainly hope they would fix it quickly.

I will wait a while and see if there is any more news or newer updates.  I may try CC Cleaner at some point, but for now 2017 is good enough.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe breaking something in Photoshop is is becoming the norm with each Photoshop releases and updates. Keep a version that works in your back pocket

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.9.1.1 does open in my mid 2012 Macbook Pro running 10.12.6

Some ideas here: CC 2018 cannot be opened because of a problem!

Uninstall, but this time Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can run the Creative cloud app, download the previous version, I selected version 19.1.1:

I spent a frustrating hour with their online support only to learn that they wouldn't help until I could provide the VIP number for our team account... which is held by someone else in our Company on the other side of the nation.

Uninstall and roll back to 19.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a change.org petition to stop Adobe from increasing our subscription prices until they stop causing catastrophic problems with every update. Please sign to help stop this madness.

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-stop-adobe-creative-cloud-price-increase

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happened to me but now works. When I would click on the application, nothing would happen--not from the launch pad, the Applications folder, or by right-clicking the image and choosing Photoshop. I got it to work thanks to one or all of these steps:

I opened Adobe Creative Cloud and logged in. It showed an error/alert in the top right corner that something was wrong with the Libraries, which I solved by following Step 1 here (which is installing the latest ones): https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html?mv=product&mv2=accc

After that, Creative Cloud updated and it took a while--so long I restarted it a couple times, once because I thought nothing was happening and another time because it told me to. Once updated, it indicated it needed updating again. This time it went more smoothly. After Creative Cloud was all updated, I went to Updates under Apps in the left-hand menu and saw the Photshop also needed to be updated. This I was able to do no problem, and after it finished it gave me the option of the Open button. This worked and now PS also opens normally from my computer. Hope that helps someone in the future 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines