• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update: Photoshop stopped saving to the correct folder.

Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this latest update Photoshop stopped saving exports to the correct folder. Previously, through all versions of photoshop I've had over the last several years, I could save a project to a newly created specific folder, then when I clicked export, it would automaticly export it to THAT folder. Now, I can save a project to a newly created folder, then click export and it opens to the last projects folder, NOT the one I created to save the project in. 

My question: How can I, what can I do to make photoshop return to it's previous behavior concerning this? Reseting the preferences is out of the question because then EVERYTHING that I have set is done away with and I'd have to start over (I fell for that once and will never do it again!).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

I found the problem. It is a new option in the preferences, one that wasn't there in previous versions of photoshop. A word to the so called "engineeres" at Adobe, when you put in a new option, DO NOT PRESELECT some stupid option that YOU happen to want. Leave it up to the end user to select it if THEY want it. Make everything work EXACTLY the same after an update, let folks know about changes and IF THEY WANT THEM, they can choose to use them. Stop your manipulation and worthless "tweaking" tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem. It is a new option in the preferences, one that wasn't there in previous versions of photoshop. A word to the so called "engineeres" at Adobe, when you put in a new option, DO NOT PRESELECT some stupid option that YOU happen to want. Leave it up to the end user to select it if THEY want it. Make everything work EXACTLY the same after an update, let folks know about changes and IF THEY WANT THEM, they can choose to use them. Stop your manipulation and worthless "tweaking" that people do not want!

unwanted_changes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done! I'd never have found it... cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines