• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Edge Is Appearing As Line When Stroke (Outside) Is Applied to Layer

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have masked a layer by selecting a subject and added it as a new layer. However, when I wanted to apply a stroke (outside) to the layer, the layer edge is also appearing as a thick line. I want it to apply to the subject only and not to the edges. Please guide me on how to remove or how not to apply the stroke effect to the edge of the layer?

As you can see in the image, this thick white line is appearing when I apply a stroke. Else it isn't there (I have attached both pics). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached screenshot of the layers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've used a Layer Effect to apply the stoke, which will not work for you in this instance.

Instead create a new layer, and Ctrl click the image layer to load it as a selection, and use Edit > Stroke

Give that layer a layer mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NOt sure what hhappened there, but I had three screen shots and more information when I posted my reply. 

1. Basically, use Edit > Stroke on a new layer.
  2. Add a layer mask to the stroke layer
  3. Paint out the unwanted stroke with black in the layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines