• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Issue Beginner

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am continuing my tutorial video series. The instructor says to click two layers then click the folder at the bottom to create a new group. When he does this you can see it has made a folder that says group one:

jodyp22552830_0-1618365876890.png

Now I clicked the same two layers and clicked the folder to create a new group but when I did this there is no folder at all just the layers moved over to the right. Can someone advise me why the folder is missing?

jodyp22552830_1-1618365962776.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jody.  You just need to scroll the layer group down.  We can see that you definitely created the group as the layers it contains are indented to the right.

image.png

Please ask if you get stuck.  There is no limit on how many questions you can ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am not sure what you mean when I scroll down I don't see a folder still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the bar inside my green highlight? Click on that and drag it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did drag it down but nothing happened?

jodyp22552830_0-1618366804628.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to create a custom work space so you have more space in the layers panel.  You can see that your first  screen shot has the Properties panel minimised and that the Layers panel has expanded into that space.  You can organise you panels any way you like, and create a new workspace.

I actually have some actions that change and reset my workspaces, and trigger them with Function keys.  You can imagine that every time we arrange panels to get screen shots for forum answers, it would be a huge pain getting things straight again, so I just have to press F5 to take me back to my primary workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this?

jodyp22552830_0-1618366915876.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or like this?

jodyp22552830_0-1618367078637.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I was mixing up your screen shot from the tutorial.

You have turn on the layer panel filters.  Click on the red switch (my green highlight) and all will be revealed.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow I see it now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines