• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Jumping out of Artboard

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a group of layers that represent a panel. I have duplicated this group and moved it so that only part of this group is visible within the artboard. This means that some layers in the group are out of the artboard's bounds.

I noticed that if I change one of these layers' style or move it, the whole layer jumps outside of the artboard. It's rather frustrating, and it ruins the hierarchy of my layers. If I try to put it back into the folder, Photoshop repositions that layer to the center, which is also not the desired effect.

Is there a way to turn this off? Is this a bug? Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Found the solution, and it was unfortunately rather hidden. I needed to turn off "Auto-nest layers" to keep layers from jumping out of artboards and into the void. Just one of many UX issues with Photoshop, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot showing Layers Panel and Artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you're wondering how to implement the solution, see this screen shot.turn off autonest photoshop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution, and it was unfortunately rather hidden. I needed to turn off "Auto-nest layers" to keep layers from jumping out of artboards and into the void. Just one of many UX issues with Photoshop, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much.  It worked for me you can turn "Auto nest layers" off by clicking the tool

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 3.40.17 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines