• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Mask doesn't work

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would love if someone could let me know why I can't use a layer mask? 

When I create a layer mask and choose a brush, I select white or black but nothing happens. 

There is no brush stroke at all and nothing happens to the image. I am working in the frame part of the image, not the original. Thanks so much for your advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot, including your layerpanel with the layer that you are trying to mask selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chuck and Barbara. Here is the screenshot. 

Basically there is no option to use the brush - can't see black/white to paint 

photoshop shot copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the layer mask selected? It should have a white line around it when selected. 

If it is selected, is the blend mode of the brush set to Normal? In the Options bar the mode should be set to Normal and the opacity 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting a screen capture of the artwork. Please post a screen capture of the Layers panel as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshotphoto.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the layer mask page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant a screen capture of the Layers panel with the layer mask that you mentioned. It should look something like this:

image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need to see the entire screen, with your layers panel, the brush options in the main toolbar, etc, so we can tell what you're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it took me awhile to go back to this, but here is a screenshot of the select and mask screen. I still am unable to use the brush tool. Any further help is appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen capture of the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines