• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Mask not working at 100% Opacity

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use layer mask in PS2021.  Opacity, Flow and Density all set to 100.  Blend Mode set to Normal.  Foreground color set to black.  When I paint, it comes out at 50% opacity, at best.  Using an iMac

Screenshot attached.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything in the screenshot that would cause the problem. In the screenshot the layer thumbnail is selected; the mask is not selected, but that may just be a coincidense. Are you by any chance using a brush that is less than 100% opacity? If so, try selecting one of the hard edge brushes in the General Brushes folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opacity was set at 100.  I don't know why it changed.  In any case, I moved it back to 100 but it did not make a difference.  Similarly, I tried a harder brush.  No change.

I added a screen shot showing the brush information.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you have shown us you have changes  your brush to 100% opacity. Show us now painting on a mask with that brush. Alt+Click on the layer mask  Paint and capture the screen so we can see Painting is 50% Gray not black. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.pngThat look like you are using some sort of sampled brush  tip.  Try a hard round tip.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.

ThankYou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines