Highlighted

Layer mask preview and brush thumbnail is yellow

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened photoshop and noticed that the layer mask thumbnails on all layers are displaying green in the layers panel. And then my brush cursor was also green. I updated and now its yellow! Its not actually causing anything to malfunction but its bugging me. I want them white as normal.

Any ideas why?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layer mask preview and brush thumbnail is yellow

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened photoshop and noticed that the layer mask thumbnails on all layers are displaying green in the layers panel. And then my brush cursor was also green. I updated and now its yellow! Its not actually causing anything to malfunction but its bugging me. I want them white as normal.

Any ideas why?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop and operating system do you have, can you post a screenshot to highlight the issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply, My system is Mojave 10.14.6 Running photoshop - 12.2.3 (though I just downgraded... as usual!)

Screenshot 2020-09-27 at 16.57.00.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thought was a monitor profile issue, but you mentioned that everything else is fine, try a preference reset, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

2020-10-03 10_17_08-Untitled-1 @ 50% (test, RGB_8) _.png

Found this thread, not sure if the OP got it resolved

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/yellow-layer-thumbnail-instead-of-white/td-p/10594443?page=...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 1