layer opacity shortcut not working

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using PSD version 19.0 (2018) for various reasons. For some reason, the keyboard numbers shortcut for altering the layer opacity is no longer working. By restarting my Mac and resetting Photoshop's prefs I got it to work again briefly then it stopped working.

At my wits end trying to figure out why it's not working. On OS Catalina 10.15.7 and using an Apple wireless keyboard. My tool keyboard shortcuts and other keyboard shortcuts are working properly. Just not the numbers to change the layer opacity.

Anyone else have or had this problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

layer opacity shortcut not working

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using PSD version 19.0 (2018) for various reasons. For some reason, the keyboard numbers shortcut for altering the layer opacity is no longer working. By restarting my Mac and resetting Photoshop's prefs I got it to work again briefly then it stopped working.

At my wits end trying to figure out why it's not working. On OS Catalina 10.15.7 and using an Apple wireless keyboard. My tool keyboard shortcuts and other keyboard shortcuts are working properly. Just not the numbers to change the layer opacity.

Anyone else have or had this problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.pfaffenbichler.

Thanks for your response. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was tyring to alter the layer opacity while having the brush tool selected. Of course, typimg numbers will alter the opacity of the brush flow. Once I switched to, say, the marquee or move tool, then I was able to select the layer and type in a number for the layer opacity change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1