Highlighted

Layers after 2021 disappearing

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content on layers that i try moving together seems to disappear. 

I select 2 or three layers together and then try moving them and teh content on the layers either disappears or gets the left half cut off when you drag the layers with move tool. You still have the red guides showing what you are moving but the content / images are not visible. Only way to get them visiible again is to click on the hide/show layer eye icon.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layers after 2021 disappearing

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content on layers that i try moving together seems to disappear. 

I select 2 or three layers together and then try moving them and teh content on the layers either disappears or gets the left half cut off when you drag the layers with move tool. You still have the red guides showing what you are moving but the content / images are not visible. Only way to get them visiible again is to click on the hide/show layer eye icon.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen captures and explain each posted screen capture. It is hard to understand what you are writing.   Seems to disappear.  Do they or do the not? Do the get cut off or are half their content positioned outside the canvas bounds are the visibility state changed or not.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. I woudl really like to install an older version of Photoshop but there is not longer a way to instal 2019.. the only recent version taht works for me.. I am so damn angry about this. It is really messin gup my workflow. Type is all messed up too for me. MFing adobe! ughhh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the reason I was having some real issues is becuase the old CTRL+SHIFT+ALT on restart wasn't resetting my preferences. I had to go in and click the box on the General Prefs page to reset on quit. Which seems to have fixed teh issue of image layers disapearing but has not fixed the issue of type not showing the cursor or and highlights when editing text. I am so tired of dealing with PS bugs. whcih is why I was using 2019 for the last 9 months. Please let me install 2019 unless you're actually gonna fix this stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are so sorry you are having these issues. Please know that the engineers are working on getting them fixed. Here is a link to a help doc that explains how to install previous versions of Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html#Howtoretainpreviousvers...

Also help doc will give you some work arounds to the Known Issues that have come up: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello I would like to install photoshop 21.0.3 but that's not listed in my CC app. I followed all the instructions on that page and there's still nothing showing up. All the versions below 21.2.4 are gone.

I also contacted Adobe support but they can only provide me an installation pack for 21.0. Does it mean photoshop versions that are below 21.2.4 will no longer be downloadable in CC app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and none of the suggestions are working for me. Did you ever find a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on type.. looks like the type issue (not able to highlight or see cursor) only happens when I open up files made in the older versions of PS. So the new version of PS is not backwards compatable?? IDK, Anyhow, I was able to install v20 so I can open and adjust old files, but working with two versions of PS installed seems ridiculous. You should be able to open old PS files and edit with confidence. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I have the same problem but if I clear layer styles the problem goes away ...I

have mac Catalina op sys and PS 2021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.04.46 PM.pnghere is a capture image without layer style and with. one you click on layer style layer it disappears.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of not just the image, but also workspace and your layers panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0