• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers and Layer Comp Help - Making Changes To Multiple Layers

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Photoshop, while whenever I made adjustments to a layer or a group of layers in the layer panel, these changes would be mirrored in the layer comps panel I'd created.  Example:  I create a storyboard drawing, starting with a background layer, and adding multiple layers with a character doing an action in each of those layers.  Then I save each character pose layer in layer comps.   In older versions, if I made any changes in the composition, or position of a character, this change made in "Layers" would automatically be reflected in "Layer Comps", for that panel and/or mulitple panels (layer comps at the same time).   

However, in the current version of Photoshop, if I want to make a change to the composition or move a characters position, I have to make the change in "Layers", then update the layer comp.  The problem is, the changes I made in "Layers" were only updated for that one layer comp, NOT the entire sequence, and I'm now forced to re-register mulitple panels in layer comps -- I maddening and very time consuming process.   

What am I doing wrong?  (If anything.)  Are there settings I can choose to revert back to the way Layers and Layer Comps interacted with each other, so that whatever changes I make to one or multiple layers, will also be automatically made to one or all layer comps for that compostion?  

This is driving me nuts and costing me lots of time and money.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?