Layers Bugged Out? Or the Eraser?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been going on for a while now. When I go to erase something, my eraser either doesn't erase anything or erases one little pixel. I reset my eraser tool, but it still did the same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it was still acting up. Lastly, I created a new document and opened a backup to my drawing, and it was working fine at first, but it started doing the same thing AGAIN! I went over to my layers and turned on layers on and off again, but the layers were glitched. Turning off one layer would still show that it was on, but turning on and off again would finally show it was off. Recently, I've seen it glitch so bad, that when I move a picture, it shows a duplicate instead until I zoom in. Same thing happens when I try to erase something on the drawing I mentioned earlier and it doesn't show any different at first until I zoom out, where it shows the erase I just did. I'm just so lost...

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layers Bugged Out? Or the Eraser?

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been going on for a while now. When I go to erase something, my eraser either doesn't erase anything or erases one little pixel. I reset my eraser tool, but it still did the same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it was still acting up. Lastly, I created a new document and opened a backup to my drawing, and it was working fine at first, but it started doing the same thing AGAIN! I went over to my layers and turned on layers on and off again, but the layers were glitched. Turning off one layer would still show that it was on, but turning on and off again would finally show it was off. Recently, I've seen it glitch so bad, that when I move a picture, it shows a duplicate instead until I zoom in. Same thing happens when I try to erase something on the drawing I mentioned earlier and it doesn't show any different at first until I zoom out, where it shows the erase I just did. I'm just so lost...

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the video card. Check if you have the current driver. Also try turning on/off Use Graphics Processor in Preferences > Performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0