• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not performing properly

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help- Example: I create a document and start typing. I backspace to correct some text: Text does not dissappear. Corrected word appears on top of the backspaced text, until I make the background invisible, then visible again.  Example: I enlarge text- it leaves a copy of the original underneath the enlarged version, until I make the background invisible, then visible again. Example: I'm erasing a layer. I cannot see what I have erased- it shows no changes, until I make the background layer invisible, then visible again. 

I know this is confusing and it's hard to explain. But it is absolutely maddening and makes it almost impossible to work in PS! I've reached out to Adobe and got no reply.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop and operating system do you have, I can't replicate the issue with version 21.2.2 on Windows 10, have you tried resetting the Tools

2020-08-19 14_27_59-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines