Layers panel

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MacBook Pro and when I open PS the layers panel is not visible and I have to open it by going to the menu. When I close PS the layers panel stays. I never used to do this and not sure why it is now. It's not that big a deal but it would be nice to have it be there as I want it to be.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Layers panel

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MacBook Pro and when I open PS the layers panel is not visible and I have to open it by going to the menu. When I close PS the layers panel stays. I never used to do this and not sure why it is now. It's not that big a deal but it would be nice to have it be there as I want it to be.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»When I close PS the layers panel stays.«

So you want it to close at restarting Photoshop even though you opened it? 

Edit: Or do you mean the Layers Panel remains visible even though Photoshop is closed? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I exit PS the layers panel stays visible and I must x out of it. When I open PS my layers panel doesn't show and I have to open it from the menu. It's only a minor inconvienence but it never used to happen. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems strange indeed. 

I would recommend basic trouble-shooting (just make sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

and creating a Workspace that you can easily load or reset (Window > Workspace > Reset …). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2021 1